With many different pieces of legislation and HMRC practice notes being relevant, businesses need to fully understand the statutory tax administration and payment requirements placed upon them. We can advise on:
- Corporation tax, if an incorporated business,
- Income tax and classes 2 and 4 national insurance contributions, if an unincorporated business,
- Value added tax,
- Payroll taxes (PAYE income tax and class 1 national insurance contributions),
- Construction industry scheme (CIS) tax,
- The possible applicability of IR35 tax rules on your payroll,
- Stamp duty and stamp duty land tax.
Agreeing your business tax liabilities with HMRC is principally achieved by completing and submitting the relevant ‘self assessment’ tax return. Clients who are fearful that this ‘disclosure’ may be investigated by HMRC may wish to consider taking out our tax investigation insurance.
Understanding this complicated business tax system and paying the correct (minimum) amount of tax, at the correct time, through the correct mechanism, is what most clients seek. Speak to our tax technicians and put your mind at ease. We will also seek to identify means to reduce your business tax liabilities.
Our Tax Group Commentary on Business Tax Aspects of:
2011: Autumn Statement | Budget