Cloud accounting is the new way to maintain your accounting records. Market leading Sage50 software is hosted in the cloud, allowing live data to be accessed from any fixed or mobile location that has an internet connection.
With the speed of internet connections increasing, combined with a reduction in cost, businesses are now considering operating their key software packages ‘online’. Broadband roll-out is nearing saturation point, meaning internet useage is transforming from a variable to a fixed cost, allowing you to ‘cap’ the total spend. At this point, the case for actually owning software, and hosting it on your own PC or network, is now no longer so convincing. Numerous other benefits also arise from operating software over the internet:
- The ability to actively share the data, or passively interrogate it, from virtually any location without the complications and costs of establishing a wide area network.
- The security issues of the data being kept off site and letting someone else worry about most of the disaster recovery issues.
- The software rental costs are spread out, rather than an up front purchase, assisting cash flow.
- As the software is hosted on a Citrix server, which is more powerful than most local desktop processors, you will probably find that the software runs at a quicker speed than you are used to.
- Future software upgrade procedures and costs are all included.
For clients who require our assistance with ongoing book-keeping, management accountingor Sage support, running Sage online gives us shared access to your live data, without the need for travelling or exchanging data backups.
Sage currently do not sell this service direct to market. We are an auhorised reseller.