With our 11 offices located in the heart of East Anglia, we are surrounded by some of the most fertile soil in the country. Agriculture makes up one of our largest client groups. We have identified this as a sector requiring specialist advice and we have created a specialist farming group to provide these services to clients.
Areas that farmers typically require specialist assistance from us include:
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts and tax returns.
- Stock valuation (in accordance with HMRC guidance),
- Accounting and taxation of Government subsidies and quotas,
- Capital gains tax advice in relation to land sales and succession planning,
- Using capital purchases and employer pension contributions, pre year end, to minimise corporation tax exposure,
- Advice on the relative tax merits of contract farming and farm business tenancies,
- Protecting the family business from the possibility of next generation failed marriages (via use of trusts)
- Inheritance tax reviews.
Agriculture is a sector with unique accountancy requirements. Instruct us to act for you, and rest assured that we will understand your business and look after your best interests.
Whiting & Partners Farming Group Newsletters:
- 2017: Spring| Summer
- 2016: Winter
- 2015: Winter | Spring
- 2014: Autumn | Summer
- 2013: Winter | Spring
- 2012: Summer | Winter
In the years that you and your colleagues have acted as my accountants, a professional service has developed into a valued friendship and source of financial advice and guidance. In both service and professional terms, you have really gone the extra mile.