Despite the general decline in manufacturing industry within the UK, pockets of successful manufacturing businesses can still be found throughout East Anglia. We have identified this as a sector requiring specialist accountancy advice and we have developed a self-contained manufacturing team to provide these services to clients.
Areas that manufacturing businesses typically require specialist assistance from us include:
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts and tax returns,
- Claiming R&D tax relief and/or R&D tax credits through completion and submission to HMRC of the annual company tax return,
- Finance raising for this particularly capital intensive business model,
- Ensuring that you have robust credit control procedures,
- Examining the most appropriate structure to own and protect the business premises,
- Selecting the most appropriates accounting policies for revenue recognition and valuing stock,
- Business turnaround advice,
- Tax efficient remuneration,
- Succession planning, as the business passes down through the generations,
- Exit planning
- Business sale.
Manufacturing is a sector with unique commercial, accountancy and tax requirements. Instruct us to act for you, and rest assured that we will understand your business model and look after your best interests. We will be pleased to provide referees, from other manufacturing businesses who we already act for, if you require.
Whiting & Partners guided us in setting up the day to day accounting systems and have since looked after the annual accounts and tax matters.