Ely’s largest business park, Lancaster Way, continues to grow from strength to strength. Offering a mix of rental properties and sites for freehold commercial development, more and more start-ups and established businesses are now being attracted to this location. The benefits are obvious:
- Based in the vibrant Cambridge ‘shadow’,
- Situated just outside Ely, which regularly scores highly in the annual “best places to live and work in the UK” survey,
- Good communication links, as only 1 mile off the A10,
- Enterprise zone status since 2016 (perhaps unexpectedly):
- Up to £275,000 business rates relief,
- Fast tracked planning,
- Access to growth funding,
- On site security,
- Fast broadband.
Growth on this park during the last 2 years has been particularly noticeable. The site has now evolved to a size where it carries its own support infrastructure, including a children’s nursery, catering and car servicing. With backing from our local MP, Lucy Fraser, and the local Council, this is great news for Ely generally.