Effective from April 2018 the National Minimum Wage rates will be increasing again, as per the below figures:
- Workers aged 25 years or more: £7.83 per hour
- Workers aged 21 to 24 years: £7.38 per hour
- Workers aged 18 to 20 years: £5.90 per hour
- Workers aged under 18 (but above compulsory school age): £4.20 per hour
- Apprentices aged 19 and over, but in the first year of apprenticeship: £3.70
Apprentices aged 19 or over who have completed one year of their apprenticeship are entitled to receive the national minimum wage rate applicable to their age.
For further guidance on the National Minimum Wage, or for any other Payroll queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your usual Whiting and Partners representative or call your local office to speak to our knowledgeable team of professionals.