This sector is our second most common client type, made up of:
- Main building contractors,
- Sub-contractors and tradesmen,
- Speculative and professional developers
- Those building up a buy-to-let property portfolio.
Those in this sector tend to be interested in our specialist services relating to:
- Start-up assistance (incorporation and tax registrations),
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts and tax returns.
- Selecting the most appropriate accounting treatment for retentions and snagging provisions (including taking advantage of HMRC’s helpfully vague view on retentions).
- Dealing with HMRC tax enquiries, particularly relating to worker employment status.
- Obtaining CIS Gross Payment Status
- Running SpecBuild projects in parallel with the main business,
- Comparing personal and corporate ownership for holding investment properties,
- Tax planning and other business and finance advice,
- VAT on property transactions,
- Minimising the tax on company vehicles,
Construction clients who are fearful that their tax affairs may be enquired into, may wish to consider taking out our tax investigation insurance, before we submit their tax returns to HMRC.
Construction is a sector with unique accountancy and tax requirements. Instruct us to act for you, and rest assured that we will understand your business and look after your best interests. We will be pleased to provide referees, from other construction businesses, once we have received their permission, if you require.
When advised that we had found a further opportunity to reclaim CIS tax through his P35 return, the director of a builder client commented "It's great to know I made the right choice in choosing your company to take care of my accounts."