As the UK continues it’s love affair with property, there continues to be activity in the buy-to-let and speculative property development fields.
Such investors are often new to the mechanics of business and taxation and will usually require a mix of our services:
- Preparation of annual rental accounts,
- Completion and submission to HMRC of personal tax returns,
- Advice on personal or corporate ownership and business structure,
- An understanding of how rental trancations are taxed,
- Capital gains tax advice,
- An understanding of rent-a-room relief, principal private residence relief, lettings exemption and other claims to reduce the tax cost of holding and selling property,
- Advice on re-structuring your finances so that all finance costs can be off-set as a tax deduction against your rental income.
Property investors can often find themselves paying a great deal of ongoing and/or exit tax. We have a specialist team that understand this, and are familiar with a range of tax advice solutions to reduce this tax leakage. Let us take away your worry of understanding how the tax system will affect you and let us see if we can reduce your tax exposure.
Our Property Investors Group “A Brief Guide to...” Publications:
- CGT on Residential Property for Non-Residents
- Forthcoming Tax Changes for Residential Landlords
- Buy to let property tax
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
I have always found Whiting & Partners helpful, reliable, always willing to discuss problems and advise on the best procedure.