Situated in and around Silicon Fen, we are surrounded by some of the most exciting and successful tech businesses in the world.
Areas in which start-up and established tech businesses typically require specialist assistance from us include:
- Start-up assistance (incorporation, bespoke Articles, advice on shareholder agreements and obtaining EIS status for seed capital),
- Preparation and submission of annual accounts and company tax return.
- Where eligible, electing for the Patent Box 10% reduced rate of corporation tax,
- Setting up KPI and other outsourced management information systems, including use of cloud accounting packages,
- Claiming R&D tax relief and/or R&D tax credits through completion and submission to HMRC of the annual company tax return,
- Advising on establishing an EMI share option scheme for your key workers,
- Adopting the most appropriate sector specific accounting policies (revenue recognition, recognising losses as a deferred tax asset, product development costs (CapEx v OpEx treatment) and other IP accounting, grant funding recognition),
- Remuneration planning (tax efficient v commercial)
- Trade sale exit planning,
- Corporate finance on trade sale.
Technology is a sector with unique commercial, accountancy and tax requirements. Whether you are a tech start-up, or you have already taken your product to market, instruct us to act for you, and rest assured that we will understand your business and look after your best interests.
Whiting’s Technology Group e-Briefs:
Whiting’s Tax Group “A Brief Guide to...” Publications:
In the years that you and your colleagues have acted as my accountants, a professional service has developed into a valued friendship and source of financial advice and guidance. In both service and professional terms, you have really gone the extra mile.